3 Questions to Ask to Determine if a Media Company Truly Offers Dynamic Display
When it comes to marketing for your auto dealership, you’ve probably come to recognize that “old school” advertising tactics such as print and radio have taken a back seat to online methods. Internet marketing tools like search advertising and behavioral targeting are more effective at attracting interest, generating leads and turning them into customers.
However, your potential customers are bombarded with countless advertising messages every day, meaning yours can be lost in the shuffle if you don’t take a more targeted approach. Dynamic inventory display ads for auto dealers are increasing in popularity because they’re effective at delivering relevant content to the right prospect at the right time. Some of the primary benefits of dynamic display are:
- Ad content is always updated and relevant.
- Your message is delivered within the context that a specific user is accessing it, i.e., reading an article about luxury cars, see an Audi or a BMW.
- Further communication is facilitated by retargeting ads that are based upon previous user interaction with your site.
- The efficiency of your advertising campaign is boosted because you create a single display template that adjusts to deliver targeted content.
The benefits of dynamic inventory display ads for auto dealers make it a clear frontrunner when developing your marketing plan, but it’s important to thoroughly vet media companies to ensure that they feature a truly dynamic inventory display advertising platform. As you’re looking into providers, ask these three questions to focus on the key factors.
1. What variables do you use to dynamically assign marketing content?
One indicator that a media company offers truly dynamic inventory display ads is that it can identify numerous variables used in the process of assigning marketing content. The longer the list, the more thorough the provider. As they apply specifically to auto dealers, the variables should include:
- Determining sites the user has previously visited, including data showing those vehicles they researched. Truly dynamic inventory display ad technology will then select a car based upon that prospect’s search and browsing history.
- Analyzing page placement to ensure the content is positioned to capture optimum levels of contextual relevancy.
- Exploring the user’s searches performed on other sites to aid in selecting the right ad content to drive customers to your site.
2. Is your ad creation developed dynamically?
The best dynamic inventory display ads for auto dealers are those that stay current on inventory and are delivered in a timely fashion. Make sure your provider offers automated tools for ad creation, so that you can focus on doing your job. The key differentiators of an automated system will help you identify the company that’s right for your business.
- Make sure that the media company assigns a campaign manager to maintain a closely-connected relationship with your dealership.
- Inquire about the different ad units being delivered each day. Specifically, you want to know whether the millions of messages displayed are each populated with a different vehicle based on user behavior and analytics.
- Ask how the media company handles changes to your display ads mid-campaign. Some solutions require time-consuming tasks, meaning your ad incorporates outdated information. The best platform is one which allows simple changes that can be made in real-time.
- And most important is your ad served with an Ad Tag (vs. a .gif or .swf) – feel free to ask if you don’t know about ad tags, we’re happy to help.
3. Who is in charge of optimization?
Streamlined ad optimization is essential to dynamic inventory display ads for auto dealers, as time is money in your world. Determine whether your provider includes tools that automate the process so that you can make real-time changes to focus your content. Specifically, find out the delivery process the platform employs to put the right ad in front of the right user. You’ll find that many will push an image ad (a .gif or .swf) that they claim to be “dynamic.”
However, the best solution is one that delivers the content in the form of an ad tag, with a template that can be used to change any combination of ad content. This feature ensures that all vehicle information is updated on the fly and your inventory is always current. Lastly you’ll want to know if your provider’s ad tags are recognized by all ad networks so that your ads can run anywhere you want them to – the Google Display Network, your local Newspaper.com, or any other popular site in your region.
If you have any questions about this or any other part of your online marketing activities, please feel free to contact us. We’re always happy to provide a free audit of what you’re currently doing.